The 334 display
Offering similar features to
the 332 measuring readout display, the 334 display
in the 300 series of DROs from BW Electronics
has been designed to be as compact and cost effective as possible. Popular
types of small lathes and vertical mills do not have room for a large display,
if it is to be mounted in a convenient position. Therefore the following
radical design features have been introduced:
- The power and sensor connectors are positioned at the bottom of the
display. This reduces the overall width required and gives room for a quill
capstan to turn.
- Turning the display box to a portrait format (taller than it is wide)
enables snug location close to either side of a milling machine head.
- Custom LEDs are used for the position displays, which ensure clear
visibility over a wide range of viewing angles.
Within a die-cast aluminium box only 95mm wide, 120mm high and 35mm deep,
it has been possible to provide a fully featured two-axis display.
The display has the following features:
- 7mm red LED position displays with sign, each axis capable of displaying
a maximum ±999.99mm or ±99.9995"
- two independent datum points (called 'global' and 'local'; equivalent
to 'absolute' and 'increment'); LED status indicators to show which is
- radius or diameter measurements on X axis; LED status indicators to
show which is displayed
- display in inches or millimetres at the press of a key
- the reading on any axis can be halved independently, giving centre
- positions can be pre-set via a numeric keypad
BW Electronics, 12 Mussons Close, Corby Glen, Grantham,
Lincolnshire, NG33 4NY, Great Britain