Introducing the 300 series of modular digital readouts
All 300 series readouts have a similar set of facilities.
- You can set a zero datum position at any time.
- The sensor keeps the current position as an offset from the last datum point.
- The readout can convert the current position between inches and millimetres.
- You can choose to display an outward movement as positive or negative.
- The sensor detects and indicates an overspeed error.
- The sensor’s calibration constant that is, the relationship between the distance the sensor moves and the distance displayed can be changed.
- Calibration constants used for inch and millimetre units can be changed independently or together.
- The sensor can hold two independent datum points between which the display can be swapped.
- You can pre-set a position at any time.
- The readout will work directly in radius or diameter measurements on a lathe.
- The readout can indicate the halfway distance between two points.
- Sensors provide a continuous position output as a serial data stream which, with suitable buffering, can go to an RS232 serial port.
- Sensors can be fully remotely controlled via a bi-directional serial link connected to a display or a PC.
The current range of components in the 300 series includes:
- 361 and 362 clip-on sensors
- 332 measuring readout display
- 334 two-axis readout display
- 335 three-axis readout display
Not part of the 300 series but also available from BW Electronics is the self-contained Micro Position Sensor 3.