About the 300 series of modular digital readouts
All 300 series readouts have a similar set of facilities.
- You can set a zero datum position at any time.
- The sensor keeps the current position as an offset from the last datum
- The readout can convert the current position between inches and millimetres.
- You can choose to display an outward movement as positive or negative.
- The sensor detects and indicates an overspeed error.
- The sensor's calibration constant -- that is, the relationship between
the distance the sensor moves and the distance displayed -- can be changed.
- Calibration constants used for inch and millimetre units can be changed
independently or together.
- The sensor can hold two independent datum points between which the
display can be swapped.
- You can pre-set a position at any time.
- The readout will work directly in radius or diameter measurements on
- The readout can indicate the halfway distance between two points.
- Sensors provide a continuous position output as a serial data stream
which, with suitable buffering, can go to an RS232 serial port.
- Sensors can be fully remotely controlled via a bi-directional serial
link connected to a display or a PC.
The current range of components in the 300 series includes:
Not part of the 300 series but also available from BW Electronics is
the self-contained Micro Position Sensor 3.
BW Electronics, 12 Mussons Close, Corby Glen, Grantham,
Lincolnshire, NG33 4NY, Great Britain